Perfect Updo Hairstyles for Your 2019 WeddingTake advantage of picturesque venues in the Bay at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel to plan your memorable wedding. Although finding the perfect hairstyle to match your luxurious venue can be challenging, we've made the process a little easier to handle. Follow our tips on how to find the perfect updo for you to wear at your San Francisco wedding. Whether you fashion your wedding with subtle decor or go full glam, there should be a hairstyle that suits your aesthetic. Keeping your outlook in line with a centralized theme is a way to leave a lasting impression on your guests. The Bay Area is simply packed with a variety of good hair salons, so make sure to plan ahead before you get pampered head to toe. Here are some contemporary hairstyle ideas that you should try..
Choosing the Up-Do for You
- Braided - Braids are an excellent option for brides with longer hair and also tends to keep the hair in place for longer periods of time. There's also so many ways you can wear braids. The choice is yours. Rock them wrapped around a topknot, or even tucked behind beachy waves.
- Messy Buns - For the perfect "I woke up like this" look, secure a messy bun with bobby pins and hair spray. An unkempt topknot with a crown made of baby's breath is bound to give you ethereal vibes on your big day. With loose strands tactfully placed, this updo is great for a casual and laid back ceremony.
- Sleek Ballerina Chignon - Thanks to the versatile updo, simple chignons are quick to create and just as beautiful as their extravagant counterparts. Channel your inner Natalie Portman and try a sleek look for your wedding. If you have an extravagant gown, show it off and opt for a more subdued hairstyle. With simple twists and some hairspray, add a little french flavor to your San Francisco wedding.
- Retro 50's - If you're a vintage lover, this hairstyle could be perfect for you. Take your guests back in time with elegant pin curls or side-swept buns, to show off your retro side. Add in some finger waves and chic rhinestone hair pins for an old Hollywood Glam look.
- Low Buns - Get inspired from the Royal Wedding and opt for Meghan Markle's low bun, sitting on the nape of your neck. Practically, this style gives brides a lot of freedom to work with different hair accessories, and also offers a more refined outlook. Bring out the duchess within and wrap your veil around your bun for an instantaneous luxury look.
Wedding Venues in San Francisco
There are infinite ways you can wear your locks and San Francisco's modern vibe offers tons of hair inspiration. All that's left now is choose the perfect venue for the event of a lifetime and we've got the ideal spot for you! Plan your wedding at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel and add a touch of grandeur to your ceremony. Take a closer look at our spaces and tie the knot in the Bay!